How to get safe from Coronavirus?
Wash your hands, sanitize your surroundings, avoid going outside and maintain distance from the ones having cough and cold! Wondering why are we telling you this? Well, it’s all because we care for you and we don’t want you to catch Coronavirus. As we know the virus is spreading rapidly and the medical staff hasn’t found any cure for the virus yet, all we can do right now is take precautions. But before that, do we really know what COVID-19 is?
COVID-19 is a respiratory infection caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The virus was recently discovered after an outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. SARS-CoV-2 is a type of coronavirus, which is a large family of viruses that cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to more severe infections in humans.
COVID-19 causes a variety of symptoms in people who are infected, and not all people infected with COVID-19 will have the same symptoms. Some of the common symptoms include fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, and body ache. Some people, however, have experienced headaches, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and sore throat as well. Coronavirus symptoms usually appear 2 to 14 days after exposure, although some patients may not develop symptoms until later.
The virus can spread really easily and we need to take precautions for it. Don’t worry, we got your back! You can help yourself and your folks by practicing some precautions.
• Avoid going outside, but even if you have to go outside urgently, try not to use public transport and always carry a sanitizer with you. Also don’t leave your house without wearing gloves and a face mask.
• Don’t shake hands with people you meet and greet them from a distance of at least a meter to avoid transmitting the virus.
• Wear clothes that cover your body entirely and keep washing your hands frequently. Also, avoid touching your face if you haven’t washed your hands.
• Practice online banking and avoid using currency notes.
• While entering your home and office, try not to touch anything and leave your stuff like purse and shoes on the door itself. Wash your hands and exposed areas immediately.
• Remove your clothes and place them in a bag to be washed and take a shower. Don’t forget to sanitize your mobile phone and glasses too.
• Prepare a solution of 20 ml bleach and a liter of water. Clean all your stuff with bleach before storing it.
• Senior citizens and children should stay indoors and avoid contacting people having minor symptoms as well.
• Avoid visiting the hospitals for routine check-ups. Only visit the hospital if you notice COVID-19 symptoms to a major state.
• Avoid placing online orders or food orders from social applications to ensure your and delivery man’s safety.
• Whenever you take your pets outside for a quick walk, ensure that they don’t brush themselves against surfaces and disinfect their paws before entering the house.
• Drink warm water and do gargles frequently with salty warm water to avoid the virus from entering your body.
Remember that we cannot totally stop the virus from spreading but we can surely take precautions to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
Doorbells, elevator buttons, car doors, shop counters, garden seats, playing areas like swings, door handles, and knobs, shopping bags, currency notes, multiple surfaces at home and office, shoes, etc, are some of the things which we come across in our daily life. One can easily prevent exposure to such areas.
We request you to please stay at home as much as possible and avoid leaving until necessary. You can not only take care of yourself by keeping yourself inside but also your loved ones. This is a great time to spend time with your family since we’ve pretty much forgotten talking to our families in this busy and social world. Don’t miss this opportunity to make great bonds and to protect the world from getting deep into this widely spreading virus.