“Top Programming Languages Used in Web Development”.
With the popularity and advancements in web technology, it is necessary for every company to have a website one which is extremely useful and visually eye-catching. The method through which a good website, mobile apps or other similar platforms are created is known as web development. One of the most vital aspects of web development is web programming that is attained with the help of programming languages. Web programming languages have a collection of precursors: scripting languages, shell languages, mark-up languages and customary programming languages.
There are numerous programming languages which can be used in software development. It is practically not viable to know or learn all the programming languages. For developers to learn the most useful languages, they must identify the languages they want to learn. Ever since the development of computers, thousands of programming languages have been created, and more are being created every year.
The Most Popular Programming Languages
The world of programming languages is wide and knowing all of them is neither useful nor feasible. If you are a developer who is interested in learning the most useful and popular ones, there are certain websites and platforms that create lists of the top languages, according to their popularity.
Let’s learn about some of these top languages in detail.
- Java: Java is however another extremely accepted and broadly used language that you can consider for web development. This language is an object-oriented, class-based and simultaneous language that was developed by Sun Microsystems in the 1990s. Since then, the language continues to be the most in-demand language and also acts as a standard platform for enterprises and several mobile and games developers across the world. The app has been designed in such a way that it works across a number of platforms.
Every language is formed with a certain mission, aim or purpose in mind. Five major principles that were kept in mind during the creation of this language:
- It must be a secure and robust programming language.
- It must be an object-oriented, simple language which becomes familiar soon.
- It must be capable of being implemented and executed with high performance.
- It must be threaded, dynamic and interpreted.
- It must be manageable and architecture-neutral.
- Python: Python is a highly used and all-purpose programming language which is energetic in nature. Being vibrant in nature means that you as a developer can write and run the code without the requirement of a compiler. The design of the language is such that it supports code readability which means that its syntax is such that only a few lines of codes are required to express a concept. This concept of code readability is also possible in the case of Java and C++, etc. This is a high-level or advanced language that is considered easy for beginners to understand and learn. Some apps that are powered by Python are Rdio, Instagram, and Pinterest.. The language was designed with the plan of making it highly extensible. This means that the language can easily be incorporated or surrounded in accessible applications. The objective of the developers of this language was to make it fun to use. The developers worked on the language in such a way that it could reduce untimely optimization. Readability is important.
- PHP: The term ‘PHP’ is used to define PHP Hypertext Processor language that is a free server-side scripting language that has been designed for not just web development but also as a general-purpose programming platform. This is an extensively used language that was created in the year 2004. Some popular examples of websites powered by this platform include Facebook, WordPress, and Digg.com. PHP language is more appropriate for server-side programming that has server jobs being regularly performed when the website development procedure is on. PHP is an open source language and fast prototyping language. This language is well-matched with UNIX based OS as well as Windows OS. The language can be implanted in HTML directly.
- Ruby: Ruby is a vibrant programming language that is used for programming mobile apps and websites. The language effectively balances necessary programming with functional programming and is a highly scalable language. This open source platform is not only simple to understand but also easy to write. But if you are a developer who wants to learn Ruby, then you will also have to equip yourself with the knowledge of Ruby on Rails or Rails which is another framework which can help you make it interesting to deal with Ruby. For those who are interested in creating small business software and for those who are into the field of creative designing, Ruby is the perfect programming language. During its development, the idea was to come up with a language that was more productive in terms of programming and has a brief and simple code. Ruby is mostly used in the web servers where there is a lot of web traffic. Some examples of platforms that make use of this programming language include Hulu, Twitter, and Scribd, etc.
- C++: C++ is a general purpose, well compiled and -case sensitive web programming language that is not only essential but also offers facilities for low-level memory management. C++ is an aim oriented language, it supports the 4 principles of object -oriented development including polymorphism, encapsulation, inheritance, and data hiding. C++ is similar to C language in a many ways and is in fact the super-set of C. This means that any program of C language is a program of C++ programming language. The language has many methodological details, but the key to learning this language for you is not to get lost in these details but rather deliberate on its concepts. Like any other language, this language Moreover based on a philosophy and has certain elements that make it what it really is. C++ consists of three important parts: They are The standard library of C++ , The standard template library and The core C++ language.
- C Language: C is another general-purpose and vital programming language which was developed in the 70s and is similar to C++ language. This language is known to be the most commonly used programming platform that offers building elements for other languages like C++, Python, Java and others. These languages use features either directly or indirectly from it, and some of these include control structures, overall syntax, and standard libraries. This is the reason why if you want to learn programming, it is desirable that you learn C and C++ first and then move onto the others after spiraling your foundation. Some features that this language supports include a static type system, lexical variable scope, recursion and structured programming.
The points which shall help you understand the overall design of C language are:
- C is a procedural or imperative language
- The language was designed in such a way that it can be easily compiled by making use of a simple compiler.
- The language was designed to offer low-level access to memory.
- It was designed in a way that it should need minimum possible run-time support and encourages cross-platform programming.
- Perl: Perl doesn’t offer the graphics and security wanted for Internet programming only. Be that as it may, those highlights are presently reachable trough Perl/Tk. Perl/Tk which stretches out Perl with access to the Tk GUI library and makes it completely accessible for web programming. Perl is an open-source language that is both developed and ground-breaking. It offers web designers each instrument they have to create dynamic websites. Like other open-source languages, it benefits hugely from continuous improvement, and the support offered by its worldwide community is stunning. Perl is particularly useful for creating single websites quickly, cleanly and carefully. Its significant shortcoming is that it might be unnecessarily complicated. On the off chance that you are not comfortable switching gears between various grammars, at that point you ought to choose from one of different options.
- SQL: SQL, also pronounced as sequel is a programming language which can be found almost everywhere and in different technologies. Organizations like hospitals, banks and universities require database technologies like Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL to conduct their daily activate. Actually, any software developed with SQL can be accessed by every computer user. For example, iPhones and Android phones can access SQLite, which is actually SQL database. SQL is also used directly by Skype, DropBox and many mobile apps developed by Google.
The web is the total summary of these languages. There is no single application that does all the various things, in each unique route and according to every one of the programmers need. Because of the assorted variety of programming assignments, choosing a language has become a critically significant advance. It must be decided upon after investigation of a project and considering each aspect of your necessities.