Information Technology for Sports.
The value of sports is very high and it very much influence internationally to bring harmony and companionship to every country. Because the impact of sports publicity has increased more it has spread promptly all over the globe. Information Technology has become an important inter-disciplinary partner for sports, this way physical education has its branches of Sports psychology, Sports Statistics, Biochemistry, Sports Medicine, Kinesiology and Bio-mechanics etc.
Taking into contemplation its involvement with other disciplines and its various features, computer can be used and are being litigates in physical education and sports. Human play, as personified in sports, is one of the most significant in terms of human culture. The games in which people in society reflect their society and culture t. It is said that communication is one foremost involvement to the human beings on the planet. The Olympic movement is one of the communal movements in human culture. The countries from all over the world assembling in one place during the summer Olympic Games for peaceful are the essence of the intersection of sports and communication. This fact gives prominence to the importance of the media and the Olympics.
The presentation will briefly explicate the connection between information technology and sports. Information Technology in Sports the information age was 1970’s. The transformation was brought to the society with the conception of the world web (the web). A revolution in technology, changes channels of communication and message content. The early 1960’s, computer technology established protocols which became the internet in 1969. And afterward development HTM Language in 1989 that became essential for the development of the web in 1993. The web was commenced to the public at large. During the formative days of the web lot of things was included such as email, blogs, face book, twitter, lot of websites, journals, you tube etc.
Another important reality of information technologies being used in sports is identified in the development studies done by managers in sports, franchises and leagues while the most essential functions are keeping data used to determine statistics, revealing the score of a game or uploading images for fans to analysis thoroughout a game.
In the history job such as developing schedules for eg.name list of athletes, managers, officials, timekeepers, drivers and medical staff was also a lot of time to do the work with hand. But the institution of IT in sports, panel administration is now able to not only form complete lists of these individuals but can schedule them for work.
Also, most professional sports sites have very modern scoreboards that are programmed to update statistics and information directly to a computer system. So with the use of such modern technology, almost every part of sports has become reliant on automation due to the significance that it implies to the lives of audience all over the world. Through the help of the internet and other web services, live feeds of sports events have become available anywhere on the planet. Most of the professional sports in the world have long used immediate reply and other high tech assistance to help the referees to make the right call. Video replay methods to confirm referees calls for several years. The stream of physical education and sports can make a significant involvement to the role that technologies play in our lives by cautiously considering the benefits and liabilities of new information technologies on the whole person, body as well as mind. Recently in schools, colleges and other institutions, students have been given a more structured and disciplined education through I.T. and computers, because it is more genuine innovation and convincing. An array of programs is available which help in track-grading, conducting health assessment, monitoring research projects, and evaluating sports performances.
Here are some ways where technology can provide or facilitate most of the support that someone try to become or stay physically active. Now today computers are extensively used as teaching help. In this age of globalization, the black board has quit away. Power Point presentations, Video clips, Animation, Graphics, and Sound have become much more effective and crucial CD, DVD, MP3, is more beneficial in teaching.
In some way computers are applied in sports sciences, scoring systems, computerized tests all assessment can be followed. A computer assists us if any deficit is recovered. Proceedings of the player can be managed for future plans. Selection of players for various games and sports is an important for these multiple deterioration aids in many ways. Hence, the computers play a vital role in storing research data and its analysis. Cure in sports medicine involves Cardio-Vascular, suppleness and strength building program. Practical Support Technologies like iPods, Dance Revolution, and Nintendo Wiki Sports make physical activity fun. Home and gym fitness gadgets make it possible to stay active when weather’s pack. Advantage and disadvantage of Information Technology in sports is frequently changing in today’s period. This change is making a big bang, whether the technology is inconvenience to the sport and slows down the pace of the game or uses the technology to gain and speed the game up to help make precise calls. People are always looking for technology capable of getting ahead of other rivals.
The use of technology has sustained into the athletes’ games. Technology has more pros and cons. One of the key reason which technology compromises sports knowledge is that people are watching the games at home instead of watching the games that are played live. Some people unto certain extent stay at home rather than spend the money to go to see the game. With the game being shown on television, means a smaller number of followers in the audience. A smaller number of followers mean less money for the teams in terms of revenue and income. The improved knowledge of technology has made it simple for teams to identify and find out about the rival teams. Various people consider that essential for technology.
For using Information technology to develop the standard of Sports in the following process :
- Update the health position of players.
- Creating a training program.
- Video Feed back for players practices.
- Assessment of physical commotion by using Information Technology.
- Storing personal data of the athletes and the results.
- Analyze the team performance at the time of competition.
- Online registrations and profile authentication.
- The Coach can have self-assessment through Information technology.
- Search engine for the most recent training in sports.
Technology is revolutionizing sports training in the following ways:
- Tracking Performance:- Using sensors located on the body or in “smart clothing” (active wear with sensing fibers woven in), sports trainers can assess and follow performance in real time. Almost everything about the athlete can be considered, from breathing and heart rate, to hydration and temperature. These live metrics can help the trainer determine what features each athlete requires focus on further. Athletes are inimitable, and real-time individual presentation measurements can set a more precise and accurate baseline. During practice, trainers can read live metrics and come to a decision when it’s time to rest, stretch or train harder. Lasers and GPS have been incorporated into various features of the sports training world. Instead of depending on times and splits, trainers can assess the exact position, distance, velocity and acceleration of athletes to better recognize where they can progress. Identifying more complicated data leads to enhanced performance with less stress and probability for injury.
- Perfecting Athletic Movements:- Technology changes and cast sports for the enhanced. Sports technology is so sophisticated that it can craft a ‘digital code’ for winning the gold medal. Data collected and correlated can ultimately translate into a gold medal performance. Technology has improved an athlete’s ability mainly because it aggravates performance-related actions and events that have been earlier unobserved. For example, Swimmers and divers participate in an enormously technical sport and have modified sensors into their practices as well. When swimming or diving, the sensors evaluate more than the standard time and exertion metrics. They record movements like rotational speed, diving angle, leg movement and hydrodynamics. Penetrating movements like this are ground breaking, and allow trainers to assist athletes perfect their actions. They may only save milliseconds off their presentation, but a millisecond in a race can be all the discrepancy.
- Enhancing Communication : – Applications such as YouTube have also improved communication during training. Innumerable hours of workouts and game plays can be established by anybody and shared just as promptly through YouTube. To strengthen education through watching film or discussing plays, athletes and trainers can upload and watch the necessary videos during practice or on their own time. Communication has been further improved by other applications such as My Fitness Pal, a personal digital health, diet and exercise periodicals that can be accessed on a smart phone or computer. It’s like a social media site except that it’s particular to exercise and athletes, coaches and trainers can interrelate with their input health information.
- Eliminating Injuries:- Perhaps the most important byproduct of technology in sports training is that injuries have been rigorously condensed and now can be identified much prior. Tracking performance, perfecting movements and enhancing communication are not only advantages; they actually help produce less injury-prone environments. Training management software can assist coaches and trainers in monitoring all aspects of training for example diet, energy, sleep, etc. When coaches and trainers can describe individual practice for best results, they are preventing exhaustion and self-created injuries. Moreover, outside variables that cannot be accounted for, the future may someday see injury-free athletics.
- Conclusion: – Information technology play very important role in human beings mainly in the field of sports and games. To avoid errors in organization and administration of various sports and games at world level. Information Technology in Sports has recognized scientific restraint, Research behavior, develop Learning and coaching, Bio-mechanical investigation and field research have progressed. In the future very soon the computer will be applicable in sports with good eminence and best outcomes.